Aspen Avionics in enchanting Albuquerque, New Mexico is currently offering talented, team-oriented aerospace professionals a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and progressive general aviation technology company. We specialize in bringing the most advanced technology and capability from the commercial and business aviation markets into General Aviation cockpits. Come grow with us in this wonderful opportunity.
The Engineering Technician has responsibility for supporting design engineers to accomplish their engineering tasks.
- Assisting with generating and cleaning up engineering documentation for initial prototype builds as well as final for production release and support of changes after release.
- Build and assist with testing of engineering prototypes as well as final test articles for certification
- Assist with running environmental and system tests.
- Build custom engineering test equipment and stations including wiring harnesses.
- Make required modifications to prototype designs throughout the design process.
- Maintain the engineering lab and associated equipment
- 5 + years as technician in an engineering environment
- Needs to have excellent soldering and board repair skills, especially with surface mount parts
- Experience with making engineering test fixtures, wiring harnesses
- Experience with generating and maintaining schematics, parts lists, and all other types of engineering documentation
- Good electronics troubleshooting skills using oscilloscopes, power supplies, volt/ohm meters, and other engineering test equipment
- Direct experience supporting new product introductions to the factory and field
AS technical degree or equivalent experience